Corepoint Health Continues to Advance the Industry-Leading An interface engine can transform or map the data to the receiving application’s requirements while the message is in transit so that it can be accepted by the receiving application. The application interface is built with one-to-many concepts in m... More Platform to Streamline IT Infrastructure Costs and Further Productivity Gains in Configuring and Managing a Healthcare Integration Environment
PLANO, Texas, October 26, 2009 – Corepoint Health is continuing to lead the new integration generation with the Fall Release of the most advanced, innovative integration platform – Corepoint Integration Engine. The Fall Release includes the following highlighted enhancements and features:
- Unique, new HL7 is a Standards Developing Organization accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to author consensus-based standards representing a board view from healthcare system stakeholders. HL7 has compiled a collection of message form... More testing features which enable quick identification of message differences and changes
- Further X12 provides for electronic exchange of business transactions-electronic data interchange (EDI). The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) chartered the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 to develop uniform standards. support by adding version 005050
- Expanded native high availability functionality centered on expanding monitoring and management capabilities
- Enhanced log management performance, including compressed storing of files to save disk space
"Corepoint Health is my security blanket in the big, complex world of healthcare integration. With their solution, I have insight to what is really happening between various healthcare vendors, and we can implement interfaces in a timelier, more independent manner," said William Smith, Application Manager at Atlantic General Hospital.
Smith added, "Corepoint Health is my favorite vendor – they are very forward thinking and responsive in delivering features before I can even ask for them. They know healthcare integration inside and out, and it shows in every product release. We are excited to be using the current release of Corepoint Integration Engine since it has further refines our interfacing capabilities. Corepoint Health is very focused on ensuring we have the capability to do more in less time."
Today's health IT infrastructure software needs to move forward constantly in offering new features and fine-tuning existing ones with a clear focus on streamlining the implementation and support of an integrated healthcare community. With the Fall Release of Corepoint Integration Engine, the following value is delivered:
- HL7 Testing Enhancements: Comparing the differences between two HL7 messages can be time-consuming. With the added color coding to highlight key differences between messages, an application or system analyst can quickly see the HL7 variations and complete the testing cycle quickly and simply.
- Additionally, the ability to load interface engine log files into the configuration test manager is now available so that application and system analysts can easily check data mapping changes and use current messages to confirm the new data logic. All of these features continue to reduce cycle time in the configuring and testing of healthcare interfaces, an unmatched competency of Corepoint Integration Engine.
- X12 Added Support: Enabling customers to leverage updated standards is critical to their healthcare integration initiatives. Corepoint Health is solely focused on bolstering healthcare interoperability, and adding this X12 version is another proof point.
- Expanded Features for Native High Availability Capabilities: Implementing and supporting high availability through clustering or other third party applications is costly and may not be fully attuned to the needs of continuously processing patient data. Assured Availability (A2) for Corepoint Integration Engine delivers cost-effective, reliable high availability for many healthcare customers today, and the new features continue to streamline managing high availability actions.
- Several areas were enhanced within A2 to simplify the management of the highly available environment, including a re-designed A2 monitor to provide quick, visual snapshots of status and added checks to prevent adverse configuration changes or other maintenance activities. With these additions, managing a highly available integration environment is even more cost-effective through time and effort savings while continuing to deliver solid confidence on maintaining an uninterrupted data flow through the various systems.
- Enhanced log file management: With the new log file features, users can store more log files, as required, with a fraction of the disk space that was previously required. This permits users to store a longer history of message transactions while not requiring large amounts of disk space. The compressed log files are also indexed, allowing extensive log files to open in a fraction of the time previously required.
- In addition, several new log file graphs can be generated which facilitate greater understanding of message processing time and narrow selections for further analysis.
- "We are always pleased when our customers respond positively to new features and functionality added to Corepoint Integration Engine," stated Dave Shaver, CTO, Corepoint Health.
"Our goal is to match customer and industry requirements with a constant focus on how to deliver the most value with new features. Value is delivered by addressing new requirements in an effective manner and in lowering the time and costs spent on building, testing, and managing an integrated healthcare environment. We will continue to strive to meet these goals by continuing to invest in the advancement of our health IT solutions."