Frisco, Texas – Feb. 01, 2012 – Corepoint Integration Engine successfully completed testing in six Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) profiles at the 2012 North American IHE Connectathon in Chicago.
IHE Connectathon tests demonstrated Corepoint Health’s readiness to help hospitals, radiology practices, and other healthcare providers connect to and support Health Information Exchanges (HIEs). The six profiles passed are critical pieces to the electronic exchange of important clinical information, a key element of the federal Meaningful Use initiative.
Corepoint Integration Engine tested a set of profiles that are commonly utilized for HIE connectivity. Profiles tested included:
- ATNA Secure Node and Secure Application: Defines basic auditing requirements for the node, secure communication requirements, and access and authentication controls.
- CT Time Client: Ensure that computer system clocks and time stamps are synchronized, which is critical for synchronizing logs, creating audit trails, and digitally signing documents.
- PDQ Patient Demographics Consumer: Allows multiple, distributed applications to query a central patient information server for a list of patients, based on user-defined patient demographic information.
- XDR Document Source: Provides a standards-based specification for a reliable point-to-point network communication, allowing direct document interchange between electronic health records (EHRs), personal health records (PHRs) and other healthcare IT systems, in absence of document-sharing systems such as XDS.
- XDS.b Document Source: A document-sharing standard for registering and sharing EHR documents between healthcare enterprises, ranging from physician offices to clinics to acute care in-patient facilities.
- XDS-SD Content Creator: Defines how to couple legacy paper, film, electronic and scanner outputted formats, represented within a structured HL7 CDA R2 header, with a PDF or plain-text document. An example use case would be the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs “Blue Button” program, which outputs a medical summary in PDF or plain-text format. The “Blue Button” output can be structured with a HL7 CDA R2 header for wide distribution via CDA or CCD (Clinical Document Architecture and Continuity of Care Document, respectively).
"This exciting achievement is another example of Corepoint Health helping customers meet health IT demands, which are constantly evolving," said Corepoint Health CEO Phil Guy. "IHE Connectathon offers us an environment to showcase Corepoint Integration Engine's exchange capabilities for the growing number of our customers who are connecting outside their four walls to an HIE or to the referring physician community. Working closely with our dedicated customers has allowed us to build a high performing healthcare integration engine that excels at providing true interoperability.”
IHE Connectathon is the healthcare IT industry's largest interoperability testing event and demonstrates how applications can work together to meet interoperability requirements outlined in Meaningful Use expectations. IHE Integration Profiles are based on existing healthcare IT standards and provide a programming framework from which organizations can exchange health information.
Visit Corepoint Health booth 4041 at HIMSS12 in Las Vegas to learn about HIE connectivity and healthcare integration solutions using IHE profiles.
About Corepoint Health:
Corepoint Health has the healthcare IT experience and strength to deliver a dramatically simplified approach to internal and external data integration and health information exchange for hospitals, radiology centers, laboratories, and clinics. Our next generation software solutions are transformational and will streamline your IT environment, provide a fast track to achieving your interoperability goals, and create operational leverage within your organization. Corepoint Health’s solutions achieve a needed balance of being both intuitive and sophisticated while delivering solid functionality and performance. Our approach significantly reduces the demands on your IT staff and budget.
This is Corepoint Health. This is You Empowered. corepointhealth.com/YouEmpowered
Contact: Jon Mertz at 214-618-7000 | Email: email@example.com