Corepoint Integration Engine runs essential health information exchange tests with 28 vendors
Dallas, Texas – Feb. 11, 2014 – Corepoint Integration Engine successfully completed testing in 14 Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) profiles with 28 partners at the 2014 North American IHE Connectathon in Chicago, Jan. 27-31. Passing testing criteria shows that Corepoint Integration Engine can help healthcare organizations successfully exchange data with external applications and providers.
Corepoint Integration Engine demonstrated its proficiency with critical profiles used to securely share patient health information, both within enterprises and across communities. Meaningful Use embraces the use of IHE profiles for query-based exchange of health data with external organizations.
“The 2014 IHE Connectathon marked a new high for Corepoint Health because we were able to test Corepoint Integration Engine with 28 partners,” said Rob Brull, Corepoint Health product manager. “This is vitally important to our customers to ensure they will have a positive experience when connecting to these partners in a live setting.”
The IHE Connectathon, now on its 15th year, brings together approximately 500 healthcare IT professionals representing the industry’s leading IT vendors to demonstrate how applications can work together to effectively exchange health data. Participants choose to qualify, or test, for specific IHE Integration Profiles, which provide a data programming framework organizations use to exchange health data.
Corepoint Integration Engine tested a set of profiles that are commonly utilized for health information exchange (HIE) connectivity. Profiles tested included:
- ATNA: Defines basic auditing, secure communication, access and authentication controls.
- CT: Ensures that system clocks and time stamps are synchronized.
- PDQ (HL7 V2 and V3): Allows querying for a list of patients based on patient demographics.
- PIX (HL7 V2 and V3): Allows querying for patient identity cross-references between facilities.
- XDR: Allows point-to-point direct document interchange.
- XDS.b: Standard for registering and sharing EHR documents between healthcare enterprises.
- XDS-SD: Defines how to couple legacy formats within a structured HL7 CDA document.
- XCA (Initiating and Responding): Queries and retrieves patient records held across communities.
- XCPD (Initiating and Responding): Supports the translation of patient identifiers across communities.
- C-CDA (Create and Consume): Document standard required by Meaningful Use Stage 2.
About Corepoint Health
Corepoint Health delivers a simplified approach to internal and external health data integration and exchange for hospitals, radiology centers, laboratories, and clinics. Corepoint Integration Engine has been named the #1 interface engine for five consecutive years, 2009-2013, in the Best in KLAS: Software & Services report. Our software solutions help healthcare providers achieve interoperability goals and create operational leverage within their care organization.
Contact: Chad Johnson at 214-618-7028 | Email: email@example.com