HL7 is a Standards Developing Organization accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to author consensus-based standards representing a board view from healthcare system stakeholders. HL7 has compiled a collection of message form... Conformance checking or gap analysis for HL7 messages is a logical process used to determine whether a message from one particular medical device or application is compatible to the selected HL7 standard messaging format, or a custom format adopted b..., Quick Filtering of Messages to Pinpoint Relevant Clinical Message Data, and Robust Connection Testing Tools
PLANO, Texas, July 6, 2006 – Enabling enhanced clinical data integrity, NeoTool today delivered the industry’s most effective healthcare interface quality conformance solution for hospitals , laboratories , and imaging centers .
Developing, testing, and deploying new interfaces in healthcare is critical in today’s environment, especially with the rising number of data exchanges between different healthcare applications. The continuous focus is to maintain the highest level of clinical data integrity.
The NeoBrowse 2.0 release facilitates robust testing and quality checking through its HL7 conformance and message and connection testing capabilities. With NeoBrowse, healthcare professionals can easily parse, test, and validate any HL7 message communicated to or from any healthcare integration technology platform.
“NeoBrowse 2.0 has enabled us to take our clinical data quality efforts to the next level of assurance,” said Jane McGillivray, Manager, Enterprise Application Integration, GroupHealth Cooperative. “With NeoTool’s innovative HL7 Conformance Checking features, we can easily confirm that incoming and outgoing HL7 messages match the right HL7 standard before we implement. NeoBrowse allows us to work closely with our application vendors and provide feedback on message quality so that our high standards are constantly maintained.”
Dave Shaver, President and CTO, NeoTool, said, “NeoBrowse 2.0 is an exciting milestone in providing healthcare IT professionals a solution that improves the navigation of HL7 messages and adds important functionality to test and enhance the quality of HL7 messages. Healthcare organizations are being asked to increase levels of performance with fewer resources. NeoBrowse 2.0 better equips healthcare professionals to manage this balance – no matter which interface engine or solution is being used.”
Highlights of the new release include:
Enhanced HL7 Navigation
- Powerful filtering and searching of messages,making it easy to find specific types of messages and patient data for review and analysis
- Pre-loaded HL7 message, segment, field, and data type knowledge for all versions of HL7 2.X
- Dynamic association of message data with HL7 message definitions, providing quick HL7 definitions of message content, essentially delivering an HL7 dictionary
- Build user-defined, custom views of HL7 messages – view the messages most beneficial to the user
- Easy-to-understand message and metadata
Robust Testing and Validation Features
- Message conformance check to an HL7 Standard or user-defined healthcare message profile
- Multiple-message send via Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is a low-level communications protocol used to connect hosts on the Internet or a network. TCP/IP connections are established between clients and servers via sockets. TCP/IP is stream-oriented ... connectivity, enabling quick tests of connections
- Construction of custom HL7 formats, including Z segments, providing an easy manner to define HL7 messages
NeoBrowse is used by HL7 analysts, programmers, and developers as they navigate, test, validate, and deploy new connections and interfaces to various healthcare systems and providers.