FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
NeoIntegrate 3.0 Release Simplifies the Deployment of XML-Based Healthcare Standards and Vendor XML Schemas While Enhancing Log Management
PLANO, Texas, November 27, 2006 – With the NeoIntegrate 3.0 release, NeoTool advances its new generation healthcare interface engine to expand support for healthcare XML standards including:
- Continuity of Care Record (CCR)
- HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA)
- HL7 Version 3
- Healthcare vendor defined XML schemas
“NeoTool’s latest release enables us to load our XML schema easily and utilize it productively to map, transform, and exchange data between healthcare applications,” said Staffan Lindstrom, Sr. Integration Engineer, Stryker Imaging. “NeoTool’s integration engine is a flexible solution that enables healthcare providers to rapidly incorporate an application into their networked community and begin exchanging patient data.”
Healthcare application vendors with an XML Schema Definition (XSD) can quickly map HL7 V2 messages to XML, XML messages to HL7 V2, and XML to XML with NeoTool’s integration engine. NeoIntegrate also facilitates the use of the CCR integration standard for Electronic Medical Record (EMR) application developers.
Healthcare providers can easily work with the different XML-based healthcare standards. Similar to the application vendors, healthcare providers can now transform CCR messages to HL7 messages or HL7 messages to CCR messages with NeoTool’s integration engine.
The NeoIntegrate 3.0 release includes enhanced log management capabilities that provide a comprehensive audit trail of clinical data exchanges that occur on a real-time basis. It is now simple for healthcare organizations to review log files by: a day, date range, log file type (e.g., raw, error, etc.), and connection. With minimal clicks, the log file information can be viewed, analyzed, and re-sent, if needed.
“NeoTool has always allowed us to manage our interface environment economically. With the new log and disk space management features, NeoTool is enabling us to be even more proactive in our healthcare interfacing environment,” said Mitch Rozonkiewiecz, Vice President of Information Systems for Community General Hospital.
“We are excited about the NeoIntegrate 3.0 release and the opportunity it offers our healthcare customers to adapt to new and changing healthcare standards,” said Dave Shaver, NeoTool’s President & CTO. “With NeoIntegrate 3.0, our customers are well-equipped to work with any healthcare or vendor-defined HL7 or XML schema. Integrating with EMRs and other XML-defined healthcare applications will be much easier with this new release.”
Key features of NeoIntegrate 3.0 include:
Extended XML Support. Provides the ability to import a custom XSD file or XML-based healthcare standard. The XSD can be used to map data from XML documents to HL7 V2 messages, allowing a system using XML to trade clinical data with other systems using HL7 V2 messages.
- Enhanced Log Maintenance. Automatically deletes log files after a user-configured number of days, thereby preventing overloading disk space with unnecessary log files. Monitors disk space on the server where the service is running to prevent disk space from becoming too full, giving customers the proactive capability to prevent data loss.
- Robust Log Search. Allows customers to open a date range of log files in a single view. Assists in finding messages that span more than one day and graphing message activity over a range of days.
- Advanced Database Connection Management. Provides the ability to change database connection information for multiple database associations at once, saving time when changing databases (e.g., moving from a test environment to a production environment).