Access The Direct Project eBook
Direct Project’s simplicity makes secure health data exchange possible for all providers.
The Direct Project was launched by the ONC within Health and Human Services (HHS) on March 1, 2010. It was initially called NHIN Direct. The object of the Direct Project is to replace the use of faxes, phones, and paper transactions with a simple and... More is a government-sponsored initiative to promote the secure communication of patient health information. Both patients and caregivers will be users of Direct. Learn why it’s such an attractive option for sending patient data.
This eBook Details:
- Direct Project Background
- Security of Direct Communication
- Meaningful Use
- Benefits of Direct Project
- Relationship with Healthcare Standards (Continuity of Care Document (CCD) The HL7 CCD is the result of a collaborative effort between the Health Level Seven and American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) to “harmonize” the data format between ASTM’s Continuity of Care Record (CCR)... More, Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) HL7 CDA uses XML for encoding of the documents and breaks down the document in generic, unnamed, and non-templated sections. Documents can include discharge summaries, progress notes, history and physical reports,... More, HL7 is a Standards Developing Organization accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to author consensus-based standards representing a board view from healthcare system stakeholders. HL7 has compiled a collection of message form... More v2, Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) is a common format for image storage. It allows for handling, storing, printing, and transmitting information in medical imaging. Visit DICOM website. Synonyms: Digital Imaging and Communicati... More, etc)
- Direct Project Workflow
- Roles of an An interface engine can transform or map the data to the receiving application’s requirements while the message is in transit so that it can be accepted by the receiving application. The application interface is built with one-to-many concepts in m... More with Direct Project