The environment within your practice is often demanding, yet there are new strains for integrating applications and supporting EHR or HIE connectivity initiatives. Meaningful Use is the new reality, and gaining the agility and confidence to meet the new benchmarks is essential.
Corepoint Health enables you to achieve independence from external application vendors and point-to-point interfaces which are difficult to modify and impossible to manage and monitor. There is a better way which many clinics have been realizing through their implementation of Corepoint Integration Engine.
In your clinical environment, you may have one or more of the following applications:
- Electronic Medical or Health Record (Electronic Medical Record (EMR), as defined in Defining Key Health Information Technology Terms (The National Alliance for Health Information Technology, April 28, 2008): An electronic record of health-related information on an individual that can be... More/EHR) System
- Hospital Information Systems (Hospital Information System (HIS) is the main system in a hospital used by most caregivers. Sends ADT broadcasts to all ancillary applications. The HIS is typically the patient administrative system and order entry system for a hospital. Synonyms: Ho... More)
- Billing or Practice Management Systems (Practice Management System (PMS) applications facilitate the day-to-day operations of a medical practice. PMS software enables users to capture patient demographics, schedule appointments, maintain lists of insurance payers, perform billing tasks, an... More)
- Laboratory Information Systems (Laboratory Information System (LIS) is an information system that receives, processes, and stores information generated by a medical laboratory processes. LIS is often interfaced with HIS and EMR applications. Synonyms: Laboratory Information System)
- Radiology Information Systems (Radiology Information System (RIS) is the main application in an imaging center or radiology department. RIS is used by to store, manipulate and distribute patient radiological data and imagery. RIS are used for patient scheduling, tracking, and imag... More)
- Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (Picture Archiving Communication Systems (PACS) are devoted to the storage, retrieval, distribution, and presentation of images. The medical images are stored in an independent format, most commonly DICOM. Synonyms: Picture Archiving Communication Sys... More)
- Voice Recognition (VR), Transcription, and/or Dictation Systems
The data flow between these applications needs to be seamless and continuous in support of delivering high quality patient care, and this is the critical role which an interface engine completes. Corepoint Health solutions support clinics with robust electronic data exchanges, enabling them to meet the challenge of delivering consistently high-quality patient care in a timely and efficient manner.