CDA: First Steps
This class is available to anyone interested in learning about the Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) HL7 CDA uses XML for encoding of the documents and breaks down the document in generic, unnamed, and non-templated sections. Documents can include discharge summaries, progress notes, history and physical reports,... More messaging standard.
In CDA: First Steps, you will gain a thorough understanding of the CDA standard, review the history of Continuity of Care Record (CCR) is an XML-based standard for the movement of “documents” between clinical applications. Furthermore, it responds to the need to organize and make transportable a set of basic information about a patient’s health ... More, CDA and Continuity of Care Document (CCD) The HL7 CCD is the result of a collaborative effort between the Health Level Seven and American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) to “harmonize” the data format between ASTM’s Continuity of Care Record (CCR)... More, and learn how each is used in the real world.
What You Will Learn
- Basics of the CDA standard
- Detect visual differences between HL7 is a Standards Developing Organization accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to author consensus-based standards representing a board view from healthcare system stakeholders. HL7 has compiled a collection of message form... More v2 and CDA
- Understand significant parts of the XML structure
- Interpret data from RIM and R-MIM models
- Understand how CDA is derived from an R-MIM model
Video Snippet of Class
Class Format & Time
4-hour, instructor-led web session
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. CT
$700 for one interactive web session; $175 for each additional attendee
Includes a seat in the web classroom and a printed manual for each attendee.